STUDY HIGH SCHOOL AUSTRALIA
What’s it like to live and study in Australia in high school? Picture this:
Watching the sun set over the Great Dividing Range from the porch of your host family’s house. Discovering a talent for Australian rules football during a scrimmage with your classmates, or learning about Australia’s literary giants during English class.
From Sydney to Perth, Australia beckons. Regardless of your placement abroad, you’ll have the opportunity to discover the country’s vibrant history both in class and through your own explorations. You’ll gain a true understanding of what it means to be an Australian through your relationships with new friends and your host family, and gain important life skills needed to be successful in college and beyond.
The BFME Difference
Whether you’re headed to a public or private high school, you’ll take classes eight hours a day, five days a week with your Australian peers. Classes are taught in English and typically include math, science, English, history, art, and foreign language.
There’s no better way to immerse yourself in another culture than by living with a local family. Not only will your Australian host family provide you with daily meals and a place to stay, they’ll introduce you to local customs, and offer support and guidance in an unfamiliar environment.
Our host families are as diverse as our high school students. Whomever you’re placed with, all host families are carefully screened and matched with you based on personality profiles and common interests. Through your host family, you’ll build a home away from home and develop relationships that endure long after you’ve finished your high school study abroad program.
Dates, Deadlines & Fees
We want to make sure you get the most out of your experience when you study abroad with BFME, which is why we offer the most inclusions in our fees.
- International airfare between U.S. departure city and Australia
- Transportation to and from a local Australian airport
- Placement in an Australian high school
- Careful selection and screening of a compatible Australian family
- Room and board with selected host family
- Supervision and support of a local coordinator
- Orientation prior to leaving the U.S. and a three-day orientation upon arrival in Sydney, Australia.
- International medical insurance through iNext and 24-hour worldwide travel assistance and support