STUDY HIGH SCHOOL JAPAN
Tokyo, the economic, technical, and political hub of Japan, is one of the world’s most vibrant and fascinating capitals – a delight for fashionistas and gastronomes. Further your studies in the arts and sciences, and get to know Tokyo’s fascinating culture by taking Japanese language courses, living with a local family or with Japanese and other international students, and taking part in lively extracurricular activities and clubs. A semester or year in Tokyo is sure to be a challenging, enriching international experience.
Study abroad in Tokyo and you’ll:
- Study Japanese in language classes at all levels and choose from a wide range of other courses taught in English with both Japanese and international students
- Live with a Japanese family or in a dorm with young professionals, and Japanese and international students
- Participate in contemporary and traditional cultural activities, including regional site visits, historical tours, hands-on workshops, and a weekend excursion to Hiroshima or Kyoto
The BFME Difference
Enroll directly in classes at the prestigious Japanese high schools with other international students. In addition to a Japanese language learning class, take advantage of the school’s full curriculum, with subjects ranging from art history and anthropology to international business, literature, religion, and political science.
Get to know Japan by exploring its natural wonders and heritage. On a weekend trip to Hiroshima to see peace memorials and museums, you might listen to an atomic bomb survivor, and discuss nuclear arms with a professor from the Peace Institute. A day at the island of Miyajima offers views of the famous red torii gates that appear to float on water. A trip to Kyoto – spared by Allied bombers during World War II because of its priceless treasures – unveils a city of temples and shrines, rivers and mountains, wonderful crafts, and exquisite cuisine. Experience the exceptional beauty of Zen gardens and learn about the past at UNESCO World Heritage sites
Enjoy a series of guest lectures by local academic and professional speakers, as well as visits to local elementary schools and areas of cultural and historical interest. You may also select from smaller group activities that correspond with your interests and give you greater interaction with BFME staff and Japanese facilitators. And don’t forget about joining one or more of your school’s many clubs and circles.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
We want to make sure you get the most out of your experience when you study abroad with BFME, which is why we offer the most inclusions in our fees.
The program fee includes:
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and an airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- BFME travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits